Agnes Tan from Singapore

A modern, open minded young lady from Singapore. How you all like my blog? Can please write some comments or leave some message? Also please leave your contact & website, so that I can get back to you. I am also looking for link exchange. Thanks for your support!

My Profile                                        My Guide to Sg Salary & Job


My New Blog                                   My Guide to Sg Bargain & Events

Please visit my new blog.
This blog will be continue updated for juciest post!

As there are too many posts, please search for the information you want........

Search This Blog

What is new: Girls ZaoGeng at bus Stop!   After watching this girl in miniskirt dance in mrt , the uncle cannot tahan !  Malaysia version Fiona Xie , and TV host zhao geng on live TV. Sg celebrity x tape expose, and a girl handphone video leaked

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Juciest Post - Did STOMP goes too far?

STOMP to me, is an "official" online media from SPH that run all our newspaper. So to me, it should have some sort of social responsibility, and that is why it has a huge readership. But recently (in fact, not recent, been all the way) it also posts something that is so hot that to me, I think should not appear on such "offical" website. So lets take a look what I think is appropriate and what is not.

1) Singapore sports school students flush frog down toilet

Well, such act definitely need attention, and by posting this at STOMP, will give pressure to the school to punish the students. But of course, the face and name of the students should not appear. To see the full video: Full Video

2) Teens grope and kiss in Hougang carpark

Please lah.... this is the job of some unknown bloggers like me to do, should not appear on the STOMP. Do you know how much readers of STOMP or not, are they trying to encourage such acts? These are basically material for Night Newspaper or some blog like mine. So I fully agree with the post: STOMP: Singapore’s most disgusting “seen”, STOMP should do some filtering on what should be posted, and should not just post something just for the sake of attract readership.

3)Female carpark bully: If I can 'chope' seat with tissue, I can 'chope' parking lot

This is most disgusting, not the driver nor the lady that reserve the car slot, but STOMP. How can you post her photo and the car plate without any filtering? You can post it, but not showing her face and the car plate. Please respect others, they are not doing anything illegal, even people do something bad, you should not show their face until they are sentence by the judge. Even a small blogger like me know when to filter, such as one below:

Source: http://agnestansingapore.blogspot.com/2008/12/only-in-singapore-sure-you-will-laught.html

Imagine she is your mom, and being shown on STOMP that she reserve seats with tissue. Or your lovely girlfriend being shown on STOMP as digging nose in the train. I strongly disagree with STOMP showing the face and car plate.

Back to seat reserve, another post at: http://www.angryangmo.com/2008/09/08/tissues-are-for-your-nose-not-table-blocking/


Click here for more Juiciest Posts of the Week

Related Posts by Categories



StubleUpon Digg Delicious Technorati Fark It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, STOMP is like invading our privacy but without it, people will not learn the lesson and perform something ridiculous in public.

Photosophize [ 影.像.物语 ] said...

Personally, I find STOMP's people who refused to give up their seats threads offensive and an intrution of privacy. There could be reasons behind on why one is unwilling to give up seats for others. Seriously, all those commuters paid the same fare, so why is one not entitled to seat? I mean at most you can accused of the person to be morally wrong not to give up seats for elderly and pregnant women.

Also, just by looking at the situation for that few minutes is not enough to justify the claims. I think those STOMPers who surfaced the situation on STOMP should just confront those people instead, hear from them directly why they not giving up their seats rather than publishing them on STOMP.

Taking picture like that and post them on STOMP is no doubt a public humiliation. What if the person did what the STOMPer claim without any intention and was unable to handle the stress created by the humiliation and did something stupid?

Which highlighted the difference between a citizen jounalist and a profession jounalist. Sometimes, things posted by bloggers like you and I are not promptly verified, but were read by many people. We should be more consciencious on what we write as it might affect other people...

My brother's schoolmate was one of such victim... see -> http://photosophize.blogspot.com/2008/12/how-accurate-are-news-reported-by.html

Please visit my new blog.
This blog will be continue updated for juciest post!

You can also search my blog to look for what you want using the search box on top.
Like my blog? Find the information useful? Would like to make a donation? Thanks in advanced!